Acceptance of Terms
Warranties / Representation
No Binding Offer
The Content of the Table No. 1 Site is intended for informational purposes only and does not in any case constitute a legally binding offer.
No Reliance (Accuracy, Reliability and Completeness of Site)
Your use of the Table No. 1 Site is at your own risk. Under no circumstances shall Table No. 1 and/or its contractual partners, any of its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries or parents be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, and including, without limitations, lost revenues or lost profits, arising out of or in any way connected to the access to or use of, reliance on, or inability to access or use, the Content of the Table No. 1 Site, or resulting from the access to, or inability of access to linked web sites, whether based on contact, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if Table No. 1 and/or its suppliers has/have been advised of the possibility of damages. The Content of the Table No. 1 Site is provided 'AS IS' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Table No. 1 information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Table No. 1 reserves the right to make changes, corrections and and/or improvements to Table No. 1 Information, and to the services and products described in such information, at any time without notice.
No Warranty For Virus-Free Content
Table No. 1 assumes no responsibility for, and makes no warranty that, the functions on the Table No. 1 Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Table No. 1 Site (including its Content) or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
No responsibility for or endorsement of linked web sites
The Table No. 1 Site may contain links to other web sites, which are not being maintained by Table No. 1. Table No. 1 cannot be held responsible for the information, products, services or other material obtained on such other web sites and will not be liable for any damages arising from the access to or use of such a web site. The inclusion of these links does not imply an endorsement of the linked sites, the Content therein including any linked addresses.
No linking without consent of TABLE No. 1
The linking of other web sites to the Table No. 1 Site is prohibited without express, prior written consent of Table No. 1.
Data Security on the Internet
Please take into consideration that the World Wide Web is a publicly accessible system. Each time personal information is made available online this is done at your own risk. Your data might be lost under way or may be accessible to unauthorised third persons.
The Table No.1 Site is not configured to collect any identifiable personal information from the visitor while browsing on it. It collects information for general statistical purposes only. Unless you voluntarily provide Table No. 1 with your Personal Information (for example your first and last name, title, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number, business title or other personal identifying information) it will not be available to Table No. 1.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
Every time you browse the Internet an IP address is automatically assigned to your computer. When users request a page from the Table No. 1 Site, Table No. 1 servers log the user's current IP address. IP addresses are used to diagnose problems.
The Table No. 1 Site puts to use 'cookie' technology. These cookies are designed to facilitate your visit on Table No. 1 Site.
Personal Data and Privacy
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
By accessing and using any services of the Table No. 1 Site, the user and Table No. 1 agree that all matters relating to and/or any disputes arising out of the user's access to, or use of the Table No. 1 Site shall be governed by and interpreted and construed and enforced exclusively in accordance with the laws of Republic of China.
- Table No. 1 wants visitors to this web site (the ‘Table No. 1 Site’) to know that we are as concerned as you are about the privacy of any information that you may provide to us through the Table No. 1 Site. Table No. 1 is making every attempt to ensure that all our business practices that involve the use of your information are compliant with privacy regulations in the countries where we operate.
- When you use certain online services of the Table No. 1 Site, including but not limited to the Online Mailing List, Table No. 1 may ask you to provide certain information which relates to you by filling out and submitting the online forms.
- Personal information may include your first and last name, title, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number, business title and other personal identifying information.
- You should be aware that information and data is automatically collected through the use of 'cookies'. Cookies, which are small text files a web site can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user's continuing access to and use of the site. They allow a site to track usage behaviour and compile data which will allow content improvements and targeted advertising. Cookies are not programmes that come onto your system and damage files.
3. Providing Personal Information on Our Web Site
- Depending upon the service you wish to use, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory ('Mandatory Information') and some is optional ('Optional Information'). If you do not provide the Mandatory Information with respect to a particular service, we will not be able to process any request you may make. Our web server will recognise your domain name, but not your e-mail address. We use 'cookie' technology on the public area of this web site to increase your user experience on the Table No. 1 Site.
4. How May Your Personal Information Be Used?
- We propose to use, store or process ('Processing') the Personal Information provided by you to the Table No. 1 Site for the purpose of keeping you informed about new products and services or offers which we believe may be of interest to you ('Purposes').
- If you do not wish to have your Personal Information processed for any of these Purposes then you will have the opportunity to indicate this by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org and Table No. 1 will honour your request.
5. General Information
For the purposes of this notice, further details as to Table No. 1 may be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com.
- There are no consequences where you do not provide Optional Information that is not necessary for the Purposes. There are no consequences for indicating by way of your consent the Purposes for which your Personal Information may be processed.
- Third-party web sites to which tableno-1.com may link have separate privacy policies and data collection practices. Table No. 1 is neither responsible for the content of such web sites nor for such privacy and collection practices.
Located on the ground level of The Waterhouse at South Bund, a design concept boutique hotel, Table No. 1 is a destination restaurant serving world-influenced modern European cuisine set in a sleek and simplistic interior that comprises a surprising element which encourages social interaction with a brand new dining concept. Focusing on communal dining, dishes at Table No. 1 come in sharing portions so guests can enjoy an informal dining experience and sample more tantalizing creations by the chef.
The cuisine is a beguiling blend of the simple and subtle, and will subscribe to those culinary watchwords favoured by all the best chefs -- fresh, seasonal, natural flavours and top quality ingredients.
"This is my first solo venture away from Maze, the brand. I am very excited to be partnering with The Waterhouse Shanghai. Neri and Hui is an amazing design outfit and we have put together an amazing concept. Table No. 1 by Jason Atherton is a very exciting restaurant which I call Shanghai’s first gastro bar. It is based on my time in Spain and the menu is tasting/tapas dishes but cooked in a modern way. The food is fresh, light and modern. I want total flexibility with the menu, so people can have a quick snack or a full blown gastro experience. Together with my head chef Scott Melvin we have a menu to suit all tastes and occasions."
Jason AthertonExecutive Chef
"Cooking is a language which is spoken throughout the world, and eating has always been about social experience. Based on good understanding of traditional and classical cooking, that has progressed in using new and modern techniques with understanding of quality products. At Table No. 1 we are combining these culinary aspects to modern dishes which ensure harmony found in small and interactive servings."
Scott MelvinHead Chef
Express Lunch Menu ( In Chinese )178 RMB - Daily from 12NN - 2.30PM
Early Supper Menu ( In Chinese )200 RMB - Daily from 6PM - 7PM
Ala Carte Menu ( In Chinese )
12PM - 2.30PM and 6PM - 10.30PM only
Minimum of 10 persons, advanced booking is required.
Menu updates may occur due to market
and seasonal availability.
Jason Atherton was the first British chef to complete a stage at Spain’s famous elBulli restaurant in 1998. This invaluable experience laid the foundation for his unique creative style and fuelled his insatiable thirst for culinary knowledge.
With seasoned experience, having worked under great chefs including Pierre Koffmann, Nico Ladenis, and Marco Pierre White, Jason joined the Gordon Ramsay Group in 2001 as the Executive Chef for Verre in Dubai. In 2005, Jason returned to the UK and opened maze in the heart of London, launching what would be the most successful brand in the group. Since then maze has been awarded with numerous accolades which includes a Michelin star since 2006.
The talented chef has multiple personal awards to his name.
- 2008 “London’s Outstanding Chef”
from The Evening Standard
- 2006 “Man of the Year”
from Arena Magazine
- 2006 “Chef of the Year”
from Fay Maschler of The Evening Standard
- 2001 “Best Chef of the Middle East”
from Time Out Magazine, Dubai
- 2000 “Young Guns Food Award”
The Daily Express, given to the top ten people in the country who are tipped to change industry in the UK
- 2000 “Acorn Award”
from Caterer and Hotelkeeper, an award for the top 30 individuals who are deemed to be the future of the industry
- 1996 “Best Young Chef”
in Britain by Jonathan Meades of The Sunday Times.
The maze cookbook, published by Quadrille in 2008, has sold excess of 50,000 copies worldwide (USA, Holland, Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand). Jason has also taken part in Phaidon’s Top One Hundred Emerging Young Chefs of the world book, entitled Coco.
The success of the maze cookbook leaves his fan base waiting for his next book, Gourmet Food for a Fiver, which debuts in April 2010.
Jason also regularly takes part of food campaigns. Most recently, he has participated in: Warburton’s bread week, “Ten Star Tapas” with Tio Pepe, and the Greek tourist board “Kersmna” an effort aimed to promote Greek food in the UK.
Jason is an active patron of David Nichols Spinal Injury Foundation, Hospitality Action, and regularly volunteers with other charities including Lukea 2000 where his efforts have raised over £2mm.
Jason lives in southwest London with his wife and daughter.
“Should you hold a knife to my throat and force me to say which one of the chefs in the Gordon Ramsay group I thought was the best, my answer would be Jason Atherton. Actually, I’d admit it without any coercion.”
FAY MASCHLEREvening Standard, 16.04.08
“It’s a mad, marvellous thing, is Maze. The delicious paradox being that all this apparent irreverence is made possible by awesomely sophisticated cheffery.”
Giles CorenTimes, 18.06.05
Although this is his first appearance in Asia, Head Chef Scott Melvin is no stranger to the competitive culinary scene in Europe. Prior to Table No. 1, Scott managed both kitchens at Maze and Maze Grill under the Gordon Ramsay Group. Under his lead, the restaurants are ranked among the best in London.
Originally from Dundee, Scotland, Scott entered the culinary trade at an early age of 16. He decided to launch his career in the hospitality industry and cooked his way through numerous award-winning hotels in the UK. His desire, however, to broaden his culinary knowledge and skills coaxed him overseas.
With strong ambition driving him, Scott worked his way through some of the toughest kitchens in Denmark, Bermuda and France. While abroad, he developed a deep passion for exploring local food cultures, ingredients and culinary traditions. To this day, he continues to gather inspiration through his many travels.
Scott’s solid technical background coupled with his unique experiences give his food an intriguing international flair.
There are two private rooms for entertaining at Table No. 1, each designed to ensure your dining will run smoothly, no matter what occasion.
PRIVATE ROOM 1
Dining experience offers an informal and interactive setting for guest to experience Table No. 1 dining at its highest level in our exclusive room located off the restaurant with restaurant view. Seats 8 comfortably.